Have you ever been bothered by a problem – forgot that the Windows 8 password did not reset the disk? Then your system is locked, which can get you into trouble. Take it easy. You are not alone. In fact, most people who forget the Windows 8 password do not have any password-reset disks that were previously created. Even so, you can restore access to windows 8.1 standard key in several ways on licensekeysale, whether you forget the Windows 8 logon password or the administrator password. Because it is also a very easy task to reset the Windows 8/8.1 password without the help of resetting the disk, everyone can do this. The most important thing is no data loss.
3 solutions if forgot windows 8.1 standard key password no reset disk
- Solution 1: Reset windows 8.1 standard key password by other logon ways.
- Solution 2: Reset password with windows 8.1 standard key setup disk.
- Solution 3: Reset windows 8.1 standard key password with special tool.
Use the following steps to change your keyboard layout in windows 8.1 standard key.
- Press the windows 8.1 standard key + C to open your Charms..
- Select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings..
- Click Time and language, then select Region and language.
- On the right, select your language and the click Options.
- Click Add a keyboard and then select the keyboard you want from the list. This will add your selection to the Keyboards list. You can remove a keyboard by clicking on it then click Remove.
You can add multiple keyboard layouts and switch them if you want. You can switch between keyboard layouts using two methods.
Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + C to open your Charms. and select Settings.
Click on the current language and keyboard in the lower right, then select a keyboard layout.
From your on-screen keyboard, tap or click on the small keyboard icon in the lower right corner, then select a keyboard layout.
On your desktop you will see your current language in the lower right corner beside the clock. Click on your current language and choose a keyboard layout.
Solution 1: Reset windows 8.1 standard key password by other logon ways.
- Mode 1: Log on with another administrator account.
If you have another administrator account available, you can use this account to log on to windows 8.1 standard key and reset the forgotten password.
- Mode 2: Sign in using the PIN code.
If you create a PIN code for your account, there will be two login options on the login screen, one for the password and the other for the pin. Select the PIN option and enter a pin to log in to the account.
Then reset your password by Command Prompt.
Step 1: Press Win + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). And click on Yes on the User Account Control dialog.
Step 2: On the Command Prompt dialog, type command net user . Then hit Enter key. When it displays the message saying “The command completed successfully”, you have successfully reset your password.
Note: If you can’t remember the name of your user account, type the command net user and hit Enter. Then all user accounts in your Windows 8 will be listed.
Solution 2: Use the Windows 8 Setup disk to reset the Windows 8 password.
When forgetting that your windows 8.1 standard key password does not have a reset disk, but you have an available Windows 8 Setup disk (Setup disk), this is great.
Start the computer from this disk to reset the Windows 8 password.
- Step 1: Start the computer from the Windows 8 installation disk.
1. Insert a Windows 8 installation disk or flash drive into your computer.
2. Start or restart the computer. Enter its BIOS setup utility. and set it to boot from disk.
- Step 2: Open the command prompt.
1. After computer startup. Click or click next in the Windows Setup window.
2. Click or tap Repair your computer.
3. Select the troubleshooting options. Select advanced options on the next troubleshooting screen. Then select Command Prompt On the advanced options Screen. The command Prompt window opens.
- Step 3: Overwrite file.
1. On the command prompt window, type copy c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\ and hit Enter.
2. Type copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe and hit Enter. Type Yes and hit Enter to agree to overwrite the file.
- Step 4: Reset Windows 8 password.
1. Now take out the setup disk, and reboot your computer.
2. When get to the logon screen. Click or tap the Ease of Access icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen. The Command Prompt window immediately opens.
3. Type Net User and hit Enter.
Then you will successfully reset your Windows 8 password to a new one.
4. Now you need to reboot your computer from the Windows 8 setup disk again and similarly open Command Prompt and execute the command copy c:\utilman.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe. Now everything is ok, exit the Windows 8 setup disk and restart your computer. You can log on with your new password. Forgot Windows 8 password having no reset disk or windows 8.1 standard key setup disk (installation disk)? And that’s fine. Please refer to solution 3.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 8 password with special tool.
If both of these methods do not work for you, then the special Windows Password Recovery tool-windows password refixer should be the best choice for quickly resetting Windows 8 passwords without losing any data.
- Step 1: Get Windows password refixer.
Download and install Windows password refixer on another accessible computer.
- Step 2: Create a password reset disk.
1. Plug the USB disk or CD/DVD flash drive into the accessible computer.
2. Start Windows password refixer. Select a USB device or CD/DVD flash drive based on the drive you are inserting.
3. Note the drive letter and click Begin burning. Then click on Yes to format your drive.
You successfully created a password reset disk when you successfully burned it.
- Step 3: Boot the locked computer from the reset disk.
1. Insert a USB or CD/DVD drive into the password-forgotten Windows 8 computer.
2. Start or restart locked Windows 8 computers. Enter its BIOS setup utility.
3. Set it to boot from a USB drive or CD/DVD drive. See how to boot a computer from a USB drive.
- Step 4: Reset Windows 8 password.
After your computer boots up, you will notice it’s loading Windows PE and then displays Windows Password Refixer screen.
1. Select the windows 8.1 standard key system running on your computer.
2. Select the password forgotten account.
3. Click Reset Password.
Your administrator password will be reset to blank. Then click Reboot and take out the reset disk, your windows 8.1 standard key will start normally and you can login as the administrator account without password.
Windows 8.1 Standard Key Article Link: https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-8/forgot-windows-8-password-no-reset-disk.html